Friday Newsletter 18 January 2019
Friday Newsletter 18 January 2019
18 January 2019
Good Morning Moms and Dads!
Another glorious day has begun…
For all may it be a blessed one!
Well, you made it through the first week of school, and guess what? So did your little ones. Tears are normal, for us as parents and for them, and once they subsided, much fun was had! The new children joining us this year began to explore their surroundings and realised that this actually wasn’t as bad as they thought! They met new friends, played in the sandpit, had fun on the bike track, enjoyed water play, and then settled to play in their new classrooms.
Our children from last year just walked straight in like they had never been away!
So all in all, a great start to a new year of school!
What to wear to school?
You can be sure your child will come home covered in glitter, glue, paint or mud so don’t dress them in anything fancy. Buy long-lasting clothes that can handle being scrubbed and soaked to get rid of stains.
- Elastic waistbands – While not trendy, are best for young children who are still learning to go to the toilet on their own.
- Choose an appropriate fit – Clothes that are too big or too small will not be comfortable and will get in the way of their concentration.
- Proper shoes – Flip-flops and strappy sandals are cute, but can cause children to trip while running and playing.
Please could we urgently ask Parents, nanny’s and anybody picking up children from school to be extra vigilant in the CAR PARK ie.
- Making sure that the path behind / next to your vehicle is clear before entering / exiting the car park
- For anybody walking to please be on the lookout for vehicles in the car park.
- Please also keep an eye on your surroundings when eg. Leaving car doors open while getting your child / children in or out of your vehicle. We always have one of our ladies based at the gate with a panic button in the case of an emergency but still need to be extra cautious. Your safety and the safety of the children is of utmost importance to us.
We will have a quieter week next week as the children “settle in” to their new surroundings and get to know their classmates and Teachers. Lots of fun will still be had!
Our weekly themes will then begin from the week after next. (Weekly themes will be sent home with the children on Monday).
Bakerman will also begin next week Friday.
For our new Parents: Bakerman is held each Friday and is enjoyed by all! Each child is given a turn to be the Bakerman once a term, and Mom will be asked to provide some eats that her child will then share with his / her classmates at snack time. You can decide what you would like to make eg. Popcorn, sausage rolls, savoury biscuits and cheese, muffins, cheese scones etc. Please no cakes moms. These are for birthdays only. NO NUT PRODUCTS PLEASE!
(Dates for Bakerman will be sent home with your little one on Monday. Should you perhaps be away on the date assigned to yourself, please feel free to chat to the class teacher for another available date).
Parents please note that the Teachers meet on a weekly basis for a staff meeting every Thursday morning, from 06:45am – 07:15am. Should you arrive to drop your little one between this time, you will be warmly greeted and welcomed into the class by an assistant.
Before we go, a welcome once again to all of our Baby Blessings Parents and children!
Remember to look out for our newsletter which will be sent out every fortnight on a Friday, to communicate any important info to Parents.
Thought for the day…
Have a glorious day!
From all of us here at Baby Blessings.