Friday Newsletter 16 November 2018
Friday Newsletter 16 November 2018
16 November 2018
everybody and welcome to another fabulous Friday!
What a busy yet wonderful week it has been here at school, with such beautiful weather too!
Lots of outdoor and water play to keep us cool…
Concert Practice continues, and the children are doing so well! They are also getting excited now as the day draws nearer:
Baby Blessings Christmas Concert: Friday the 23rd of November
- Please could we ask Parents to have their child / children at school by 16:30 in order for them to get dressed and ready before the concert. (Please no earlier though as Aftercare will still be in progress)
- A reminder to Parents that seating is limited. There will be standing space at the back of the garden for any families wishing to take photographs / videos.
- Please could we ask siblings to sit on the rugs that will be provided in the front.
Thankyou to all of the Parents who attended our Kindermusiek and Soccer Starz extra mural end of year classes. The children just loved having you there. To some of them a little daunting, but otherwise a special time together. We are so proud of all that the children have accomplished this year!
We are so thankful to have such a lovely group of children and families here with us at Baby Blessings!
- All end of year SCHOOL REPORTS for the senior classes have now been sent home. For any Parents who may have any questions for the class Teacher, please feel free to chat to them to set up a time to meet.
- As we do every year, we would like to thank our Assistants for the wonderful job that that they do with the children here at school (Annah, Conny, Brenda, Nonto, Portia, Pat and our gardener, Cornelius). We would like to present them with a Christmas Food Hamper. For any Parents who may wish to donate towatds this, there will be a box just inside the gate for any items of food, eg. oil, flour, sugar, tinned food etc. Just a way of saying thank you for their love and dedication. The Assistants are always so grateful for this!
Some artwork this week…
Article by Paula Bernstein: Your child is having fun finger-painting with a mixture of colours. Trying to be encouraging, you ask her, “What are you making?” and she shrugs. Until she mentioned it, she hadn’t given it any thought. Little children are masters of the moment – they love the way it feels when they smear paint on paper, how it looks when they smear glitter, and even the soft sound a brush makes as it crosses the page, says Amy Yang, founder of an art school for children. Most toddlers and pre-schoolers aren’t self-conscious about what they’re doing or focused on creating a finished product. That can be hard for parents to accept. But letting go – and allowing children to enjoy the process of creation can reap big rewards. “Children will be better off in the long run if they’re allowed just to be in the moment and express themselves”, she says. Fostering creativity won’t just increase your child’s chances of becoming the next Picasso. You’re also helping him develop mentally, socially and emotionally, says Ecklund-Flores. As children manipulate a paintbrush, their fine motor skills improve. By counting pieces and colours, they learn the basics of math. When children experiment with materials, they dabble in science. Most important perhaps, when kids feel good while they are creating, art helps boost self-confidence. And children who feel able to make mistakes feel free to invent new ways of thinking, which extends well beyond the craft room.
- Each new day here at school also provides the children with the opportunity to play together, to learn about sharing, to include others, to take turns and to show compassion towards each other. A beautiful thought.
An idea for some things to do at home with / for your child:
- Please help your child practice self-help skills at home to add to their continued success at school (buttoning, zipping, putting on shoes, drying hands etc.)
- Model and encourage kindness in word choice and actions – remember to praise your child when you “catch them being a good friend!”
That’s it for this week Moms and Dads. But before we go…
A thought for the day…
I hope there are days when your coffee tastes like magic, your playlist makes you dance, strangers make you smile, and the night sky touches your soul. I hope there are days when you fall in love with being alive.
Blessings to all for a wonderful weekend ahead
Love Anne, Chantal, and the Team at Baby Blessings